The changing seasons, environmental factors, overuse of harmful products and ingrained grooming habits can actually be damaging the health of your hair. Getting the strong, shiny hair you want is as easy as following a few simple tips for the health of your hair and scalp.
1. Wash in lukewarm water. Washing your hair in overly hot water can strip too much of the hair and scalp’s natural oils and moisture, and leave your hair looking and feeling dehydrated. Using lukewarm or even cool water (which can feel great in the summer!) while you shampoo and rinse help protect your hair and your scalp.
2. Dry with warm or cool air. Blow drying daily using the hottest air setting can damage hair over time, causing frizz and split ends. First, air dry for a while or gently towel dry the hair then choose the warm or even cool setting when drying. You can also get a diffuser attachment to use on the hair dryer to help reduce damage while styling.
3. Treat hair before washing. To help replenish moisture and give your hair a healthy boost, use a pre-shampoo treatment such as Natural Oil to provide much-needed nourishment that washing alone may remove. Just one pea-sized drop of this product will nourish your hair, and it can be used either as a pre-shampoo treatment, intensive hydrating treatment or as a leave-in finishing treatment.
4. Don’t over-wash. Depending on your lifestyle, hair type and personal styling needs, giving your hair a rest from daily washing can help further protect your hair from damage. Try a good quality dry shampoo to maintain hair’s natural bounce and beauty.
5. Use naturally based products. Avoid potentially harmful ingredients such as parabens, polyethylene glycol, petrolatum, mineral oil, paraffin wax, plastic microbeads, formaldehyde releasers, and harmful colors or fragrances. MONAT offers dermatologist-tested, naturally based shampoos and conditioners that do not contain these harmful ingredients. Additionally, all MONAT products are cruelty-free, vegan and Leaping Bunny Certified.
Treating your hair with the same gentle care you give to your skin will show visible results. It will also maximize your hair cut and style giving you the strongest and most vibrant locks you’ve ever had.